The rapid usage of electronic specialized gadgets, for example, cell phones, tablets, and wearable gadgets, all with incorporated sensors, make new potential outcomes for economical point-of-care (POC) diagnostics and care delivery. One precedent is to identify cancer in low-and-middle-income nations where limited resources and geographical limitations may lead to missed opportunities for intervention, bringing about mortalities even with treatable malignant diseases like cancers. Current endeavors to control malignant diseases in this manner emphasizes on executing populace based early screening projects; a key component for progress is cost savvy, vigorous demonstrative programs that can be promptly conveyed into POC settings. While regular microscopy of human samples (smears, aspirates, biopsies, blood) is the most generally used to analyze malignant diseases like cancer, its POC adjustment is constrained by innate drawbacks, for example, cumbersome optics, prerequisites for trained microscopists, and operator-dependent variability.
A list of a few essential healthy diets that should be taken regularly:
- Raw fruits and vegetables
They are one of the healthiest diets to take on a regular basis. Raw fruits and vegetables help to remove the undigested food which becomes toxic inside the intestine and therefore unfavorable for the digestive health. The raw vegetables secrete digestive enzymes which help in breaking the food into smaller particles and thus completes the digestion process. When the raw vegetables are being cooked, the digestive enzymes become ineffective. If you find hard to consume raw vegetables and fruits, you can start taking juices that are made fresh.
Besides keeping the body hydrated, fruit and vegetable juices also the primary source for vitamins, calcium, and minerals, which are beneficial for a healthy stomach. There are various fruit juices that prove to be helpful in colon cleansing like fresh apple juice. The daily consumption of the fruit juices can improve the bowel movements and thus make the liver and stomach healthy. The best way to begin your day could be a fresh apple juice followed by a glass of water after half an hour. Along with the apple juice, prune juice is also highly advantageous in case of constipation and other bowel disorders.
You might know about the benefits of taking lemon juice on a regular basis. Lemon is full of vitamin C and antioxidants and helps in the cleansing of the colon. The best way to take it is to take in the morning with a glass of lukewarm water and honey. Taking it empty stomach gives energy for the whole day.
- Berries & Grains
We should try to eat fiber-rich foods for keeping our stomach and intestine well. Foods that are rich in fiber works best as a cleansing agent. Have some berries like raspberries, cranberries, blueberries, and blackberries on a frequent basis to have fiber content in the body. Also, taking whole grain, cereals, beans, and seeds helps to remove the toxic waste from the body.
Cabbage is a rich source of antioxidants and lactic acid. It also helps in strengthening of the liver by detoxifying the various foods consumed by the body. It increases beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract and prevents the harmful one. It also helps to prevent stomach ulcers and disorders.
It minimizes the effect of alcohol and cigarette that can cause injury in the liver.
The research authorities have failed in their findings of cholesterol, and this has cost too much the customers who were actually fit and healthy. Cholesterol has been finally removed from the list of severe health problems. The health advisory panel has said that the cholesterol in the diet is no longer a matter of concern.
The high cholesterol level in the blood was considered to be a dreadful disease which can ultimately cause arteries clogging or heart disease. It was being warned to eat foods like egg, butter, oil, and dairy products in a limited amount to maintain the cholesterol levels in the body. There was a huge decline in the consumption of eggs by the Americans over the last decade.
The US Department of Agriculture, which is in charge of updating the rules every five years, expressed in its discoveries for 2015: "Beforehand, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans prescribed that cholesterol consumption be restricted to 300 mg/day.
"The 2015 DGAC won't present this suggestion on the grounds that accessible proof demonstrates no direct connection between utilization of dietary cholesterol and serum (blood) cholesterol, steady with the AHA/ACC (American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology)
The new research says on cholesterol in food have not any direct link with the heart disease, it has been found that many heart patients have normal cholesterol level in their body. But some health experts have warned the people who have heart problems like diabetes, should continue to avoid sugar and fatty foods.
What are the actual facts about Cholesterol?
Our liver produces the maximum amount of cholesterol inside our body. Cholesterol plays a vital role in the functioning of our body as our brain is 20% made up of cholesterols, and it does help in the functioning of the nerve cells. Also, Cholesterol is the main element in the formation of steroid hormones, including estrogen, testosterone, and corticosteroids. There is no direct link between saturated fats and high cholesterol level to cardiovascular disease. In fact, the high cholesterol level shows the liver is working well. There is nothing called bad cholesterols, our body needs 950 mg of cholesterol to function for regular metabolism of the body. The foods only supply 15% of the cholesterol to the body, rest production is done by the liver.
The reality is that Cholesterol neither can cause nor can stop heart attacks. This research has entirely reversed the facts about Cholesterol being said earlier. This change has made many scientists wonder and scratch their heads, how this could be this missing in these years. But this is what science has been known for.
Salt - regardless of whether in bread, soy sauce or prepared suppers - high intake of salt decreases the life span of individuals.
The analysis tells that this study is not much about weight gain, but the unhealthy diets that are causing serious health problems like cancer and heart diseases.
What should be taken?
The most recent health analysis evaluates different countries dietary patterns to note down how unhealthy diets are shortening the lives.
The unhealthy diets that contain:
- An excessive amount of salt leads to approx. 3 million deaths.
- Too little of whole grains cause death to three million lives.
- Too few natural products like fruits & vegetables can cause two billion loss of lives.
Low intake of nuts, seeds, vegetables, omega-3 from fish and fiber are the major reason behind poor health reports.
How are these impacting people?
The high consumption of salts causes cardiovascular disease that leads to 10 million deaths out of the 11 million diet-related deaths.
An excess of salt consumption increases the blood pressure and that certainly raises the chance of getting a heart attack.
Salt can likewise directly affect the heart and veins, promoting heart failure when the organ does not work viable.
Healthy foods like whole grains, organic product, and vegetables have the contrary impact - they are "cardioprotective" and bring down the danger of heart issues.
Nuts and seeds?
According to the study, healthy foods that are missing from the diets are nuts and seeds.
Prof Nita Forouhi, from the University of Cambridge, stated: "The perception is they are little packs of energy that will make you fat, whereas they are packed full of good fats.
"What's more, a great many people don't include nuts and seeds in their mainstream food, and the other issue is cost."
Are any nations progressing nicely?
Mediterranean nations, especially France, Spain, and Israel, have probably the most lesser number of diet-related deaths on the planet.
Nations in South East, Southern, and Central Asia are at the contrary end of the range.
Israel has the minimum diet-related deaths nearly 89 per 100,000 people in a year.
Uzbekistan has the maximum diet-related of about 892 per 100,000 people in a year.
The population of China devours a huge amount of salt with soy and other salty sauces being a key cuisine of the country.
Also, there is an increase in the popularity of packaged and processed foods that are introducing more salt in the diet, making it the highest deaths due to consumption of salt in this country.
But in Japan, "Salt is the key ingredients, but the consumption has been decreased drastically.
"Also, they have an eating pattern that is higher in a large number of the things we believe are good for heart ailments, for example, vegetables and natural product."
"The main thing for individuals to follow up on expanding the grains, natural product, nuts, seeds, and vegetable consumption and decrease salt intake if you can."
In this case, money can be an issue, as It is assessed that maintaining healthy diets (five fruits a day) would take up 52% of family income in most of the countries.
What is IBS?
IBS is a health disorder in which bowel goes through a range of symptoms which include pain and constant irritability. It is a common syndrome which affects 10 to 15% of the adult population. This is so common these days that you will find at least one person in nearby suffering this issue. Yet, many cases remain undiagnosed and unmentioned due to lack of awareness about this syndrome.
In 2003, the Canadian Society of Intestinal Research pushed to city hall mayors crosswise over Canada and prevailing with regards to having April announced as IBS Awareness Month.
It is important to understand the symptoms of IBS so that we do not overlook it. Here are the major signs that you might have IBS:
- It starts with the abdominal pain, and lead towards change in bowel habits like having constipation or diarrhea.
- There could be a mix of one or two symptoms like bloating, the sensation of passing stools.
What causes this Syndrome?
- Genetics is a possible factor for this syndrome.
- Muscles Contraction due to menstrual period, GI infections or stress.
- Alteration in brain-gut interaction that leads to a change in motility and sensation within the bowel.
- A change in the number and kind of bacteria present inside the bowel contributes to IBS.
Diets for IBS
The effect of diet varies from person to person, it may show some adverse effects on some people. You must consult a gastroenterologist before starting your dietary patterns.
In a general way, avoid foods or drinks which are:
- High in fats
- Made of caffeine
- High in sugar
- Start with meeting a doctor. Take proper medical prescriptions and ask about diet changes.
- Know more about IBS disorder and its managing and treatment options.
- Try to reduce body fats from some sort of exercise or non-medical treatment.
- Eat smaller and healthier meals throughout the day.
- Have fiber-rich foods.
- Be in regular touch with the doctor.
There is good news. In the event that everybody age 50 and more established got normal screenings, 6 out of 10 deaths from colorectal malignancy can be prevented. It is not as fatal as it was before, it can be cured with the help of health experts, friends and families.
By what means can Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month have any kind of effect?
We can utilize this month to bring issues to light about colorectal cancer and make a move toward aversion. Networks, associations, families, and people can get included and spread the news.
Here are only a couple of thoughts:
- Urge families to get dynamic together – physical movement may help diminish the danger of colorectal malignancy.
- Converse with family, companions, and individuals in your locale about the significance of getting screened for colorectal malignancy beginning at age 50.
- Urge individuals more than 50 to utilize this intelligent instrument to choose which colorectal disease screening test they lean toward.
- Request that specialists and medical caretakers converse with patients age 50 and more seasoned about the significance of getting screened.
How to work on Weight Loss?
A considerable lot of planning and strategies leads to effective weight loss and maintaining the same will help prevent obesity. Improving your dietary patterns and expanding physical exercises play a crucial part in losing weight. Things you can do include:
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables five to six times a day. A vegetable serving is some organic vegetables or one lightly steamed vegetables or vegetable juice. A fruit serving comprises of one small to medium size fruit, with half-cup fresh fruit juice, and some dry fruits.
- Choose whole or multi-grained foods, for example, brown rice and whole wheat bread. Try to avoid processed foods which consist of saturated fats, refined sugar, and flour. They are really harmful to health.
- Estimate and measure foods to get an understanding of portion sizes. For instance, a three-ounce serving of meat is the measure of a deck of cards. Stay away from supersized menu things especially at fast food eateries. You can accomplish a great deal just with appropriate decisions in serving sizes.
- Balance the nourishment "checkbook." Eating a high amount of calories than you consume for vitality will prompt weight gain.
Benefits of eating healthy foods:
1. Promotes good health - The first and foremost benefit of having a healthy eating routine is that you will remain always healthy and young. Our human body demands a certain amount of nutritional value to function the day-to-day activities. Foods and vegetables are the major sources of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals which helps in building immunity in the body. Eating less oily and fatty foods decreases the chance of having diabetes, digestive disorders, and cardiovascular diseases.
2. Fat loss - If you're eating lots of junk and processed foods, you are accumulating layers of fats inside your body. Increase in the consumption of unhealthy foods can lead to obesity and other stomach-related issues. By making a healthy eating routine, one can shed their body's fat and regain their body stamina. A well-balanced diet enriched with vitamins and fibers with regular exercise can easily help you to reduce the weight.
3. Save your money - Have you ever wondered why organic foods come a little expensive? And the junk foods are way too cheaper than healthy foods? Well, it is true. Let's think this in another way. If you are taking unhealthy market foods more than healthy foods, you get more prone to diseases and spend lots of money to cure it. So, indirectly you are saving time, money and energy by not going to any pharmacist.
4. Irregular Sleeping patterns - Eating healthy is the best way to regulate your sleeping patterns, as without knowing it, eating packed and processed food can lead to a great deal of uneasiness. Good dieting gives the best possible nourishment that enables your body to cope with stress and addresses the hormonal imbalance. An irregular sleeping pattern can affect your daily activities of both personal and professional life.
5. Positive Outlook - The way you see your life defines the purpose of your life. Being physically healthy is important, but one should not ignore their mental health in this hectic life. The more you concentrate on living a healthy lifestyle, the better it is for your emotional health. Nothing can match a well-nourished body, a happy mind, and an active soul to give you a new positive outlook to live your life.
For eating healthily, one should be aware of what does a well-balanced diet contain. Basically, the foods that are rich in vitamins, minerals, fibers etc are considered as the healthiest food. These days, the younger generation seems to consume junk and oily foods more than healthy foods. It is because of the high availability of packed and processed foods in the market. The children are attracted to the fancy food ads of burgers, fries, and chips. It has become an important challenge for the parents to take care of the family's eating habits.
Read our next blog here.
The medical or surgical procedure of severe heartburn prevents cancer of the oesophagus, according to a study revealed in JAMA oncology.
Previous studies haven't once and for all described that reflux medication or anti-reflux surgery prevent oesophageal cancer, however, the studies haven't been sufficiently massive or had enough follow-up time to confirm that conclusions are drawn on any long cancer-preventive effects.
For this study, John Maret-Ouda, MD, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden, and colleagues used health knowledge records from 1964 to 2014 from the five Nordic countries. Of the 942,906 patients with reflux within the study, 894,492 received medical treatment and a couple of,368 patients (0.3%) developed oesophageal cancer throughout the follow-up amount. the chance of oesophageal cancer decreased over time following treatment and was the same as that of the corresponding population once ≥15 years in people who received medication.
Of the more than forty-eight,414 patients who had anti-reflux surgery, 177 (0.4%) developed oesophageal cancer throughout the follow-up amount. the chance of oesophageal cancer additionally fell during this cluster and was at a constant level as within the corresponding population ≥15 years once the operation.
When the patients with reflux who had an operation were compared with those with reflux who received medication, the patients who had been operated on had a rather higher risk of oesophageal cancer throughout the whole follow-up amount; however, the chance didn't increase over time. This can be most likely caused by the actual fact that the patients who underwent surgery had additional serious reflux from the start.
“The results show that effective medical or surgical procedure of reflux prevents cancer of the oesophagus,” said Dr. Maret-Ouda. “But as a result of the individual’s risk of developing oesophageal cancer is low, even in those with reflux illness, the results don't justify treating reflux solely as a cancer-preventive measure. The symptoms and complications of reflux illness should still govern treatment.”
However, he points out that for the little proportion of individuals with severe reflux together with alternative risk factors for oesophageal cancer, like obesity, male gender, and mature age, effective and continuous medical treatment or an operation to treat reflux is usually recommended.
“Previous analysis results have shown poor cancer-preventive effects from anti-reflux surgery,” terminated Jesper Lagergren, MD, Karolinska Institutet. “The distinction now's that for the primary time we are able to show statistically important results as a result of we've got a sufficiently large study with a long follow-up amount of over fifteen years following the operation.”
“We offer no incision less option for reflux”