What Is the Low-FODMAP Diet?
- FODMAP refers to a group of Five different sugars that found in certain foods- lactose, fruntans, polyols, Galatians and fructose Fodmap stands for:-
- And Polyols
- Some people in Abu Dhabi are poorly in absorbing the FODMAP in which leads to symptoms like:-
- Belly pain.
- Bloating or swelling in your belly.
- Diarrhea (loose stool).
- Constipation trouble passing stools
- The low-FODMAP diet has three phases.
- Low-FODMAP diet in Abu Dhabi is a common problem so we work with the people closely.
- We don’t suggest to start a low-FODMAP diet in Abu Dhabi until we or any other doctor or dietitian tells you to follow.
Who should take low-FODMAP diet in Abu Dhabi?
Health issues that can help with low-FODMAP diet are:-
- Irritable bowel syndrome-mixed (both constipation & diarrhea)
- Non-Celiac gluten sensitivity.
- Functional diarrhea loose stool with no stomach pain).
- Bloating or swelling of the stomach that won’t go away.
- Small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO).
- Irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea
- Celiac disease, if the disease is under control but there is still GI symptoms
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), the disease is under control while there are still GI symptoms
Low FODMAP diet in Abu Dhabi is not for everyone, if you have GI symptoms then mostly you should take it, other things which may help are more exercise and a better diet.
Starting the Low-FODMAP Diet
Low- FODMAP diet is a 3 phase process to figure out which food is causing you such symptoms. We strongly recommend the people, before starting the Low- FODMAP diet please consult us or any other expert dietitians.
Phase 1 is the elimination phase in which for a period of 4 weeks, high-FODMAP foods are removed from the diet. phase 2 is a reintroduction phase in which to determine which of the 5 sugars leads to GI symptoms, The high FODMAP foods bring back to the Diets. Phase 3 is altogether a liberation phase.
- Remove all high-FODMAP foods from the diet; remove any foods you have true allergic reactions to as well, even if they are low in FODMAPs.
- It is a phase in which you have to remove all the High –FODMAP Diet: we also suggest to remove foods that cause an allergic reaction.
- This phase is 4week long.
- Common high-FODMAP foods are:
• Ice cream.
- Some sweeteners :
- High-fructose corn syrup.
- Foods that have sweeteners ending in “-ol” (many candies or gum), such as
- If you work with us we will guide you to bring which food from the each of 5 high- FODMAP sugar categories back to your diet.
- We will keep track of how your body is responding after eating certain foods we try to figure out which of the sugars are triggering the symptoms and for what amounts.
- The results and effects will not be the same for every person.
- In The final phase of Low-FODMAP Diet, we and our team of Dietitians will look over the results which we get from the 2nd phase, on the basis of that we come up with the best diet plan for you, which is least restricted and most liberal.
- In this phase, you have to permanently change your diets so that you won’t have the same symptoms.
Low-FODMAP Diet – What to Know:
- By getting rid of the certain type of foods low-FODMAP diet can help people of Abu Dhabi can get relief from the symptoms of GI issues- bloating, gas and diarrhea.
- We suggest you the best Low-FODMAP diet in Abu Dhabi, as we work with our patients checks them how the certain food affecting the body.
- We do the Low- FODMAP diet in the 3 Phases- In 1st phase you have to stop taking all the High- FODMAP foods, in the 2nd phase we will slowly add the high-FODMAP foods and see which is actual cause of symptoms in the 3rd and last phase we will suggest you which food you have to take to get permanent relief from the problems.
Low-FODMAP Diet Resources
At First, Low- FODMAP diet is very overwhelming for the people of Abu Dhabi, but we will work with you to suggest the best diet plan that’s very comfortable for you to follow and doing so will help you definitely get relief from the symptoms and greatly help your health.
To help you that you have to follow the Low-food diet plan. Below, you will find the tips on how you can read the Food labels. We have the best health care supportive team that make easy for you to take on the Low-FODMAP diet.
How to read Food Labels for the Low-FODMAP Diet.
- We think that the easiest way to read food labels is why not to choose foods without having any labels! For low- FODMAP food like Veggies, nuts, sweeteners, fruits, grains no label reading is required. Chicken, eggs, fish, beef, fish and fats like-, butter, canola oil, and olive oil are all low-FODMAP.
- When it comes to processed food choose those which are having the recognizable ingredients. The smaller the ingredients list, the better it is.
- When you go to purchase grocery always carry the Low- FODMAP diet list that we had suggested to you if you made that from us.
- Abu Dhabi people always overlooked the High-FODMAP ingredients in the Processed food like:-
- Garlic -salt, powder, etc
- Onion- powder, salt, etc
- Chicory roots
- In the containing section Always look for the words like soya, dairy, wheat, and milk.
- If the product doesn’t contain any of the above ingredients still there are chances for the other High-FODMAP foods in it Like- garlic, pear, honey, alcohols, sugar. So that’s why always carry the Diet list and read the ingredient on the processed foods.
- In wheat Barley and rye always check for the “gluten-free” it doesn’t mean it’s Low- FODMAP.
- Note: The statement “ processed may contain in a facility that also processes “ & “may contain” do not mean the same things “ for your Low- FODMAP diet you only have to worry about the Food listed with the “contains “statement.