What is non-surgical weight loss?
As the name suggests non-surgical weight loss means losing weight without any type of surgery.
“IN TWO WEEKS, YOU’LL FEEL IT, IN FOUR WEEKS, YOU’LL SEE IT, IN EIGHT WEEKS, YOU’LL HEAR IT”
- Types of non-surgical weight loss may include-
- Intragastric balloon procedure
- Nutrition and lifestyle counseling
- Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG)
- Medication to help with weight loss
INTRAGASTRIC BALLOON PROCEDURE
The intragastric balloon procedure can help you reduce weight without any surgery. This option is for those who are overweight or obese and diet and exercise alone have not worked.
This procedure takes about 30 minutes.
The intragastric balloon helps make portion control easier and weight loss more manageable when combined with a proper diet and exercise.
Nutrition and Lifestyle Counseling
Long-term weight loss can be achieved if you commit yourself to major lifestyle changes, such as eating healthy and being active.
Finding the balance that’s right for you is key to achieving your weight loss goal.
Meal alternatives can help speed up weight loss, reduce the worry of meal preparation, and help you control portions.
Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG)
This weight-loss procedure is usually done only after you’ve tried to lose weight by improving your diet and exercise habits. Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty is less intrusive and cheaper than other forms of bariatric surgery. Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty (ESG) is the latest development in non-surgical weight loss – available exclusively.
During this 60-minute procedure, the doctor creates a smaller stomach by inserting an endoscope into the stomach through the mouth and performing an accordion-link suture pattern, closing down the stomach from the bottom to the top and forming a sleeve.
ESG provides the restriction you need to lose weight without removing any part of the stomach.
Medication to help with weight loss
In this procedure, weight loss is achieved by taking medicines that are prescribed by the doctor. Some of the drugs or medicines are given below-
Phentermine and Topiramate
Naltrexone Hydrochloride and Bupropion Hydrochloride
It’s highly recommended that you should not take any of these medicines without doctor prescription because these medicines also have some side effects. It is not advised to take any medicine without being prescribed by the doctor. This is just for information purpose.
Besides this process, you also try some easy and practical home remedies that help in weight loss without any surgery:
- Avoid unhealthy snacks or Foods
- Eliminate Sugary Drinks
- Avoid Stress
- Sleep Well
- Avoid Distractions while Eating, Avoid the use of Smartphones, Watching TV or playing computer games because this will cause overeating.
- Serve yourself Smaller Portions, serve yourself just a little less might help you reduce your weight.
- Eat Fiber-Rich Foods, eating fiber foods not only helps in reducing weight but also keeps your body healthy.
- Increase protein in your diet, as it reduces hunger and helps you eat fewer calories.
- Chew your food thoroughly and slowly, fast eaters are also much more likely to obese.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves blood sugar levels
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Improves mobility
- Reduces joint pain
- Reduces back pain
- Reduces the risk of stroke
- Reduces the risk of heart disease