What are Anorectal Disorders?
Anorectal Disorder is a combination of medical problems that happen at the junction of the anal canal and the rectum. It has a wide spectrum of symptoms, starting from hemorrhoids to other problems like Anal Fissures, Fistula, and Condyloma. The problem will start from pain, burning sensation, itching, and bleeding which will definitely affect the lifestyle pattern. So, it is important to visit a gastroenterologist in Abu Dhabi to understand the symptoms and treatment procedures. The gastroenterologist conducts the appropriate history and physical examination of the client before starting the treatment process. The major anorectal disorders include Hemorrhoids, anal fissures, fecal incontinence, proctalgia fugax, Solitary rectal ulcer syndrome, excessive perineal descent, and anal sphincter tears.
Common symptoms of Anorectal Disorders are:
2. A burning sensation
5. Pus Discharge
6. Swelling in and around the rectum part
Types of Anorectal Condition:
1. Anal Fissure – A small tear in the lining of the anal canal leads to Anal Fissure. This anorectal disorder can be caused due to straining constipation or suffering from chronic diarrhea for a few days. There would be a feeling of pain during the bowel movements or appearance of blood in the stool. If this problem is not treated on time, it may turn into a chronic disease. It can happen to both male and female of any age. It can be treated with the help of fiber therapy and medications. If the fissure has become chronic, it is treated by using surgical therapy.
2. Perianal abscess and fistula – Perianal abscess and fistula are two inter-related disorders which have an effect on the anal region. When one of the glands inside the anal canal gets blocked and causes an infection. Again, if it is not treated on time, it will convert into the fistula. There are several symptoms like pain, pus discharge, redness, fever, redness in stool, etc. This can also happen due to other problems like Inflammatory bowel disease. In one case, women face fistula issue after their difficult childbirth. A Colonoscopy is a method to treat fistula.
3. Anal condyloma – It is commonly known as warts. This is caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV) that leads to growth in the anal. The major symptoms that people have to suffer are pains, itchiness, bleeding, and discomfort in their lifestyle. The virus can cause a series of change in the skin that can eventually lead to anal cancer. It is highly important to diagnose the signs of Anal condyloma and get the treatment therapy done by the trusted gastroenterologist in Abu Dhabi. Warts can reoccur even after Surgical removal or topical therapy.
4. Hemorrhoids – It is one of the most common Anorectal Disorders, which affects approximately more than 10 million people in a year. Hemorrhoids are basically swollen veins in the lower part of the rectum. The Hemorrhoid disease is classified into two types, Internal Hemorrhoids disease, and External Hemorrhoid disease. One would feel unpleasantness especially during the bowel movements, rectal pain & bleeding; itching and pain or difficulty in lifestyle. Consult a doctor if you face any of these symptoms, as it is important to get treated as soon as possible.